If we want work with PHP we need following products in our system .
- Database server
- mail Server
- FTP client (Used to upload and download the content to the server)
- A tool for remote Database administration.
The following installers can be used to install all the above products in our system.
- WAMP (WINDOWS, APACHE, MYSQL, PHP )
- LAMP (LINUX, APACHE, MYSQL, PHP)
- MAMP (MACINTOSH, APACHE, PHP)
- XAMPP ( X PLATFORM, APACHE, MYSQL, PHP)
The above listed are different installers different operating systems.
in our case we are selecting XAMPP in this X means any operating system. (i am using windows operating system)
To download go the following URL
and select the installer, by the time of publishing the XAMPP version is 1.8.0
Double click on Downloaded file
Select language Press OK
Select the installation Folder, by default it will create a folder “XAMPP” in your operating system drive as shown above
In the next screen it will shows the options as shown like above
- Create desktop Icon (it is recommended )
- Create Apache Friends XAMPP folder in Start menu (It is also recommended )
- Next service section (SERVICE SECTION) If you select any one of them they will start automatically at the time of windows boot it is not preferable better don’t select
- Press Install
Now the XAMPP is going to install. it will take little time as per your system environment.
After the Installation complete XAMPP will ask for to start the Control Panel
Press yes you will get screen like above.
Ok Guys now the XAMPP has installed successfully on your system. to check this
Now go to your browser and type as below
now you will get the XAMPP default page.
OK GUYS IT WAS WORKING.
If you have problem to start the apache server
because apache by default runs in in port 80, i want to change it to 8082
If you dont want to uninstall and the softwares then change the port number for apache.
to do this follow this simple steps
Open c:\xampp\apache\conf\ open “httpd.conf” file with text editor (notepad)
search for the word which mentioned “Listen :80”
change the “listen 80” to another number Like “listen:8082”
and also change the “ServerName localhost:80″ to “ServerName localhost:8082”
now save the “httpd.conf” file and restart the apache server
go to your web browser type “localhost:8082”
now you will get XAMPP page it will ask for language selection
select your language and you will get xampp page it will shows the xampp version, PHP version , … it was installed